- Students, regardless of circumstance, achieve at high levels.
- Students must be career and college ready.
- Students will be able to move from school to school across the nation and have continuity of curriculum.
- Curriculum is intentionally and coherently structured to develop rich content knowledge within and across grades.
- Students read increasingly complex texts with increasing independence.
Please utilize these resources with your school communities. Please contact Allison McCarthy (email@example.com
) for support at parent or community meetings regarding Keystone Exams or Common Core State Standards.
The Council of the Great City Schools'
parent roadmaps in English language arts/literacy and math provide guidance to parents about what their children will be learning and how they can support that learning in grades K-8. These parent roadmaps for each grade level also provide three-year snapshots showing how selected standards progress from year to year so that students will be college and career ready upon their graduation from high school. They are also available in languages other than English.
Achieve the Core's
site is here to provide free, high-quality resources to educators now doing the hard work of implementing these higher standards.
Common Core Standards (App)
allows you to view the Common Core State Standards in one convenient FREE app created by MasteryConnect! This app is a great reference for students, parents and teachers to easily read and understand the core standards and quickly find standards by subject, grade and subject category.
- Key items that children should be learning in English language arts and mathematics in each grade, once the standards are fully implemented.
- Activities that parents can do at home to support their child's learning.
- Methods for helping parents build stronger relationships with their child's teacher.
- Tips for planning college and career (high school only).